Followers

Friday, August 21, 2015

Going to be voicing in Yooka-Laylee



As you may already know by the title, I am one of the kickstarter backers who will be voicing in Yooka-Laylee. Yep! I will be a voice actor in the Banjo-Kazooie successor. Isn't that great??

For those who haven't heard of Yooka-Laylee, it is an upcoming video game that was successfully funded in Kickstarter. It is being developed by former employees of Rare, a game company who was responsible for developing Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, and other notable games. Yooka-Laylee is set to be a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, with playable characters being Yooka the Chameleon and Laylee the Bat.

At first I funded about 70 dollars in euros for the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter and never actually thought about the Be in the Game backer reward. When I thought about changing my pledge, I hesitated since I didn't have the self-confidence about the voice acting challenge. Around that time, the Be in the Game backer reward was filled up, and I lost my chance.


Then the strangest thing happened. Last week, I was browsing the kickstarter page again to see how much money was funded since its first week of success, since it mostly updated by the hour a few weeks ago and is still growing. I scroll down to see how many slots were left on each reward, when I noticed that one last slot in the Be in the Game reward was open, like someone had changed their mind or decided to change their reward pledge.

I don't know if this was a sign, or a coincidence. But I know I wouldn't miss this chance again, so I took it. Not only will be one of the fan voice actors in Yooka-Laylee, I also help fund the game further. :D I don't know who will I voice yet, but I know it will be a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment